NZ Greenshell™ mussel lettuce parcels with Thai style dressing
- 15 ea fresh live mussels
- 50gm carrot – julienne
- 50gm mung bean sprouts
- 50gm red capsicum – julienne
- 20gm peanuts – rough chopped
- 20gm spring onions – julienne
- 15gm dried banana chips – rough chopped
- 15 young small lettuce leaves (small boat shape)
- ½ red chilli (medium heat) – chopped
- ½ garlic small clove – chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – fine grated
- 5 fresh coriander leaves & stem
- 20mls light soy sauce
- 20gm palm sugar (if unavailable use brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime – juice only
- Steam the mussels until just cooked, set aside & allow to cool.
- Mix all other ingredients except the lettuce & mussels in a bowl.
- Place the mixture into individual lettuce leaves so that the lettuce cradles the mixture making it easy to pick up as a wrap, place the whole mussel on top & lightly dress with the dressing.
- Can be garnished with more fresh coriander & a small jug of any left-over dressing. The mussel shell can also act as a natural cradle to support the mussel lettuce parcel.
- Mix chilli, garlic, ginger & coriander & using a mortar and pestle or blender, crush until you have a rough paste. (Alternatively, chop all as finely as possible.)
- Add sugar in small amounts until dissolved.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.